Welcome to CycleHosts!
We are so glad to have you as part of our team.
CycleHosts is a platform where you can list great cycling experiences and get paid to share your passion with other riders.
CycleHosts are all about the ride. There is no better feeling than getting ourdoors on your bike, exploring new places, meeting new people and experiencing new things. CycleHosts need people like you who are caring, thoughtful and want to share the routes your love with others.
Your riders will want to know all about their Host.
Please submit a bio that we can use on our website and social media posts.
Creating a Ride
New rides and events should be submitted to CycleHosts for review and approval. The CycleHosts team will contact you to finalise details and talk through any support requirements.
Once a ride has been approved, we will set it up as an event on the website and support you with marketing and promotion of the event.
What should I think about when planning ride?
- Who will this ride appeal to? What type of rider are they?
- What type of experience do you want to give your riders?
- What is great about you as a Host? Why will riders want to ride with you?
- How will your riders get to the start of your ride? Is there sufficient parking or access to public transport?
- Where do they need to be and by what time?
- Have an easily identifiable start location which ideally has toilets and coffee
- Can you provide a safe storage option for any gear your riders may have - especially if you are finishing at the same location?
- Design a route that will be challenging / fun / interesting / scenic /educational.....whatever supports the type of experience you want to share
- Toilet stops along the route are always appreciated
- Create opportunites for your riders to be able to talk to each other
Safety and Support
- Minimise riding on main roads and in heavy traffic wherever possible
- Is there a bike shop nearby or a mechanic available if spare parts are needed?
How easy or difficult should my rides be?
- It's up to you and the types of riders that you want to attract. Of course, we are here to help you and can give advice or feedback
- Once you determine a suitable route, we strongly recommend testing it with family or friends. Seek input to learn if it's easy, difficult or just right for the type of rider you are targetting
- A team member from CycleHosts would be happy to do a test ride with you where we can
How are tickets sold for my ride?
- Ticket sales for all events are on the CycleHosts website
- Riders can also click-through to buy tickets via the event listing on Facebook
- CycleHosts will promote your event on all our social media
Is there a minimum/maximum number of riders?
- We do not have a minimum number of riders
- We recommend no more than 8-10 riders for any event where there is one Host for safety reasons. The number will depend on the type of ride and route you have planned
- We recommend no more than 18 riders for any event where there are two Hosts
- CycleHosts can provide Host support if there are more attendees at any event
What is expected of me as a host?
- Your riders should be welcomed and made to feel comfortable and safe
- You lead by example. Your attitude and actions on the ride reflect who you are
What types of rides can I create?
What else is included in a ride?
- It is up to you as a Host and the type of ride experience you want to create. You may choose to include tea and cake in your ride cost, or maybe there is a ferry ticket or entry ticket. We recommend whatever will make the ride easy and enjoyable
Do I charge money for a ride? How do I make money?
- You can charge whatever you feel is an appropriate amount for your ride. T
- 75% of the ride revenue is paid to you as the Host
Hosting the ride
CycleHosts will send you (the Host) a list of registered riders usually the on the evening prior to the event. We will keep you updated if there are any late entrants.
We will soon be launching a new platform where you will have access to your Host Dashboard and can view and message your attendees
CycleHosts will send an automated reminder to all registered participants 24 hours prior to the event and include all the ride details and any special requirements.
What should I do on the event day?
CycleHosts will provide you with a checklist to use on event day
We recommend the following:
- Arrive early. Be ready for your riders
- Greet your riders, welcome them. Have a chat, order coffees (if available)
- Mark off riders. Ensure you have a final headcount before you start.
- Do a visual check that they have suitable clothing and the required gear for your ride
- Do a pre-ride briefing.
- What do you expect of your riders?
- How you should they behave and be safe
- What they can expect from you?
- Are there parts of the course which may need additional attention?
- During the ride, check in constantly with your group. Chat to everyone. Ensure that at regular points the group comes back together if you have a mix of abilities
- Have fun!
Remember your obligation as a leader, keep the group together, talk and have fun, but remember SAFETY FIRST
Our Hosts are covered by our insurance. We've done the hard work to get legal and insurance cover, so you can focus on providing great experiences.
Ask us for a full product disclosure statement. We will send you a summary of what you are and aren't covered for.
As a Host, you are our most important people, so we need you covered and confident to Host amazing cycling experiences.
Any insurance questions? Please ask and we'll get them answered.
Hosts will be paid after their event has completed, unless other arrangements have been agreed.
What if I can’t host my ride?
- Please message or call us as soon as possible
- We will do our best to find a replacement Host for your ride. If this is not possible, the ride will be cancelled and all money refunded to attendees