Slovenia Adventure Challenge
Explore this earthy paradise of snow-capped peaks, turquoise waters and breathtaking scenery over 7 days by bike including 1 day kayak (optional) with this adventure tour of Slovenia.
This is a trip for keen road cyclists who enjoy the challenge of climbs and descents day after day with an average of 120km riding per day.
One of the greenest countries in the world, a country fast becoming famous for it’s outdoor adventure activities on offer. An incredible mixture of climates brings warm Mediterranean breezes up to the foothills of the Alps, while more than half of its total surface is covered in forest. Slovenia has it all!
This fully supported tour gives you a chance to enjoy the wonderful climbs and descents this country has to offer. Stunning scenery, atmospheric overnight accommodation and a magnificent route make this an unforgettable challenge.
Departing Sunday 23rd September for 6 days cycling and 1 day kayaking (optional)
This is a fully supported tour as you traverse stunning Slovenia from East to West
- Cycle (and kayak) at your own pace throughout the day or ride with one of our Hosts
- Approximately 120km per day of cycling for a total of 725km cycling
- 1 day kayak of approximately 20km (optional)
- GPS maps provided (GPS systems can be hired if you do not have your own)
- A cycling leader tracking the trip
- Support vehicle carrying your luggage and food for you during the day
You will need to arrange to be in Ljubljana on Saturday 22nd September to begin the challenge on Sunday 23rd September. We can recommend a several hotel options if you wish to arrive earlier.
We start the ride in the East around Lendava, on the Hungarian border with a gentle 120km ride to our first stop over at Maribor. The roads are quiet and the scenery outstanding. Your journey takes you through vineyards and past beautiful lakes including the spectacular Lake Bled - listed as number 5 in the Top 25 Places to Visit in Eastern Europe in Your Lifetime by the Telegraph in November 2017.
On day 5 you will have a chance to rest your legs and put your arms to work with a kayak down the beautiful River Isonzo. You do not need to be an experienced paddler to do this and it will be fully supported. You will kayak 20km from Kobarid to Most Na Soci - a spectacular kayak down the Soci Valley. On this day we will transport your bikes to the accommodation at the end ready for you to continue your ride down to the Adriatic Coast.
The Challenge takes you through Triglavski National Park, visiting the serene Lake Bohinjsko, before heading down the awesome Soca Valley to Bovec, through the Karsk region of Slovenia and finishing on the small Adriatic coastline that Slovenia has.
- $1,850 per person
- Single supplement may be applicable, contact us for more information
- Deposit of $500 required, not refundable
8 nights accommodation with daily breakfast and snack lunch
Airport transfers from/to Ljubljana on Saturday 22nd September and Sunday 30th September
Qualified tour leader and Hosts on the ride
Daily luggage transfer
Public and Product liability insurance
Financial Protection: In the unlikely event of insolvency, all our trips are protected in accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations
Travel and Accident Insurance
Single supplement (tbc)
- Distance: Approximately 725km. Average of 120km per cycling day plus 1 kayak day of approximately 20km
- Fully Supported Tour: You will be able to cycle at your own pace throughout the day, or you can ride with one of the Hosts... the choice is yours every day. A cycling leader plus support vehicle will carry your luggage and food for you during the day. The van will stop on the roadside for your lunch.
- Kayaks: Will be provided for you with a qualified kayak guide and buoyancy aid. We suggest you bring suitable clothing and footwear.
- Documents: You will require a passport and insurance
- We recommend a road bike with 25 to 32 mm tyres. Mountain bikes are NOT suitable.
- You need to bring is your own helmet.
- Please ensure you have your bike fully serviced prior to collection and that it is suitably equipped to complete the challenge.
Request more information....